From:
Deborrah C. Szuch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 21:34:50 -0500

Thank you to everyone who responded!!!  Evidently, Trader Joes is
planning to build two stores in the Chicagoland area (Northbrook and an
unnamed Western suburb).  They are slated to open in the Fall.
Hurray!!!  But, until then ....

The unquestioned winner for a canned condensed cream of mushroom soup
was Walnut Acres.

Their website is currently being reconstructed so you can't order online
 However, email and snail mail info is posted below.  Imagine brand soup
was also recommended.  I have used this soup in the past (it is
excellent), but since it is not condensed, it doesn't work to my
satisfaction in recipes calling for condensed soup.  They also don't
have a cream of chicken soup.

Several people also recommended making my own and supplied recipe links.
 However, since I just had a baby a few months ago, I will have to wait
to try the recipes until I get more than four hours of sleep at a time.

Thanks again - individual responses are posted below!

Deborrah in IL

Walnut Acres
Email: [log in to unmask]

Mail: Walnut Acres Organic Farms
Customer Service
Walnut Acres Road
Penns Creek, PA 17862

Walnut Acres has a good selection of other gluten-free foods, including
terrific cashew butter.

***************
On this site:
http://forums.delphi.com/celiac/messages/?msg=5967.3
I have posted condensed soup recipes.  See msgs #1700.1  1740.1  1781.1
5309.1

**************
The "Imagine" brand of "Boxed" soups are gluten-free.

Although I get mine at Trader Joe's, it is also carried in my local health
food store.  The cream of mushroom is not condensed,but it is ready to
heat and eat.  They have a web site:  www.imaginefoods.com and e-mail:
[log in to unmask] .  They are made with rice flour and I found these
soups to really taste great.  I loved the Creamy Tomato and Creamy Sweet
Corn soups.  Another idea ,have you purchased any of Bette Hagman's
cookbooks?  In her book "The Gluten-Free Gourmet Cooks Fast and
Healthy",on page 62 she has a recipe for Creamed Soup Base that you can
utilize for all the recipes that used to use condensed creamed soups for
casseroles.