From:
Mary Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 1995 12:51:31 -0800

Sorry to say that, despite the paragraph in the latest Spruenik, Goodies in
LA is closed until further notice. The CDF newsletter just sent thanks and
best wishes to Joanne Harvey (responsible for the first GF bakery/deli on
this coast) and her husband Mark who have moved to the desert for the time
being. I will always be thankful for my birthday lunch and mini GF LF
almond cake at Goodies and for their GF LF cardamom lemon snaps.

Celiacs in So. Cal. should also note that <Baked by Annette>, the
special-order GF baker is leaving us to move north to the Seattle area.  In
December, look for Annette Van Dyke's new number in Bellevue, WA.  She made
a GF LF Carrot Cake for my birthday party. (Which I topped with yoghurt
cheese frosting: yoghurt cheese, powdered sugar, Crisco butter flavor, GF
vanilla flavor optional. Yoghurt cheese is gf yoghurt with all the liquid
filtered out of it overnight.)

Mary