From:
"Steven S. Palmer" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:29:07 -0800

I have asked my doctors (at Kaiser in San Diego) many times if my
IBD/Crohn's symptoms could be Celiac Disease. After 5 years of hell and
torture with inconclusive results, my symptoms continue to get worse and
match those of Celiac Disease. 5 years of suffering in severe pain and
nausea in my intestines up by my stomach. I asked them many times since
1993 to take a biopsy for disease in the small intestine and they refused
to. Now, with my teeth really screwed up from the symptoms they are finally
taking tests for Celiac Disease. They are first taking a blood test. This
is a new blood test to test for an anti-body called "anti-gliadin." The
best way is the Biopsy which they will do if this test comes back positive.
5 years of untreated Celiac Disease may kill me. Will this hell ever end?
Has anyone else had any a mix of IBD/Crohn's/Celiac Experiences, symptoms,
misdiagnosis, etc? Thank you. Steven S. Palmer