From:
Burke GS11 Kathy L <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 1999 08:59:20 -0800

List members-

I was happy to pick up the new list from Trader Joe's dated 1/99 yesterday.
It states that it was compiled by the Celiac Disease Foundation and Trader
Joe's.  It also emphasizes "ingredients change."  Even understanding this, I
was amazed and disappointed when I went to pick up the Spicy Soy Meatless
Sausage and it still listed "Wheat Fiber" in the ingredients.

I know that the ingredients for this veggie sausage have not changed within
the last two months, seemingly the length of time that I have seen TJ's
carrying this item.  I've only been diagnosed for about the same time and
have desperately scanned most all of my pre-CD vegetarian items, this being
one of them.

I'm hoping the rest of the list is fairly accurate. It is posted on their
web site:
http://www.traderjoes.com/tj/products/brochures/glutenfree_west.stm for West
Coast and
http://www.traderjoes.com/tj/products/brochures/glutenfree_east.stm for East
Coast

As always, it looks like we must follow the old "buyer beware" philosophy.

Kathy
Oceanside, CA