From:
Mary Falteisek <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Falteisek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Dec 2005 15:47:36 -0600

I received two recipes and lots and lots of responds that if I get any please forward them so here they are! Have not tried them yet but hope to soon!!
Thanks everybody!!!!
Mary

Hi,
I have had numerous demands for sharing try & true Spritz cookie recipes,
so here they are:

The only Christmas cookie my family likes is spritz cookies so I've made a
lot of them. I use the simple vanilla wafer recipe on the back of the
Ateco box.
1 cup sugar
1 1/4 cups butter
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
3 1/4 cups flour with xanthan gum  ( have used your mix and also Mona's
multi mix with equal success)  I sometimes add a little extra flour. If
the dough is too wet, it just oozes into a puddle and the shapes don't
hold. After thousands of them you get to know what the dough should look
like and sometimes the amt of xanthan gum varies too. Don't know why--just
might be humidity or atmospheric pressure?

Good luck. If it works, I'll have to try yet a sixth cookie maker. The
Ateco is no longer made and my daughter needs a new one too.

From Janet,
Palm Beach Gardens, FL

Spritz Cookies *TNT

1 cup butter or margarine

3/4 cup sugar

1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 1/4 cups GF flour mix (I use Hagman's GF blend)

2 teaspoons xanthan gum

1/4 teaspoon baking powder

Cream shortening and sugar well.  Beat in egg and vanilla.  Sift dry
ingredients and add.  Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased
cookie sheets. Sprinkle with coarse colored sugar or sprinkles if desired.
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
from:  Karen in NewYork

Tip:
Cooking made with butter spread more than those made w/ old fashioned
margarine/oleo (~70 % fat, not low fat w/ water added).  Basic plan would
be to keep them from spreading before the heat had time to set their
shape. The type of flour mix you choose would also affect the outcome.
Cornstarch tend to absorb fat better than   rice or tapioca and has a
quick cooking time, so a g.f. mix that includes some cornstarch would be a
good option. Bev in  Milwaukee