From:
Sheryl Tingley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 1999 20:16:22 PDT

Hello again,

First I have to thank everyone for many words of encouragement and very
thoughtful ideas. Thanks again.

-There is a definate link between Celiac and lactose intolerance. Lactose
intolerance results from the damage to the villi in your intestines caused
by the gluten. Lactase is produced at the tip of the villi. When they are
damaged, you no longer can produce lactase, then you can't digest lactose.

Why my doctor said that I can have lactose after she found the Celiac is
beside me.

Book by Steven Carpers "Milk is not for Everybody"

Casein may be a problem.

Can drink Lactaid 100

Quite often after your gut is healed you can have dairy again.

Everyone agrees its an "inconvenience" but better than being sick.

Lay off the Tums and use Pepto

One person mentioned Candida Albicans and gave me a website to look at and
sure enough, many symptoms I have but not all. This would mean giving up
processed sugar.

Many suggested to stay off dairy for at least 2 years!!!!

There is a breath test which I am going to ask my doc about.

Take lactaid, l-glutamine adn acidophilus with meals.

Eat lots of veggies to reduce acid

Many said their symptoms were more severe than mine and are not sure if they
are related to lactose. Many others were sure they were.

Book "Is This Your Chld" by Doris Rapp- deals with food allergies

Heartburn and gas will lead to serious problems and I should not mess around
with my health. Thanks.

Do a food and symptom dairy - which I am doing. Thanks

Many said giving up dairy and gluten is not soooo bad and that there is
plenty of good stuff out there.

Thanks again everyone.

Sheryl Tingley
Auburn, WA