From:
Elysse R. Paige <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Nov 2000 13:07:07 -0800

Recipe #1

Whirl up in a processor one pkg [small] spinach, squeeze dry, a
container of sour cream, several scrapings of FRESH (must be fresh)
nutmeg, 1 minced garlic clove, salt and pepper to taste.
Wonderful.....If you heat it up you have a great creamed spinach!

Recipe #2
This is from Bette Hagman's collection, I am making it for Thanksgiving
appetizers
         [This recipe has been removed from the logfiles, as]
         [it is copyrighted material---the CELIAC Listowners]

Recipe #3
Creamy Spinach Dip
1 cup sour cream 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
1 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (dip is sweeter with Miracle Whip)
1/2 teaspoon dill weed 1/4 teaspoon onion salt
1/4 cup chopped green onions 8 oz. can water chestnuts, drained and
finely chopped
3 cups or (1 package 10 oz. box package) frozen chopped spinach, thawed
and drained
3 tablespoons red bell pepper --optional
In medium bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise and seasonings. Stir in
onions, spinach, water chestnuts and red pepper. Cover, refrigerate
several hours to allow flavors to blend. Serve with veggies, crackers,
et. Makes 3 1/2 cups.

Recipe #4
1 can of artichoke hearts (9 0z)
2 tbl butter
1 L spanish onion (diced)
1 10oz bag fresh spinach- bite size pieces ( I use frozen, then thawed out
chopped spinach, 2 boxes, we like spinach)
1 c dry white wine
1 4.4 oz boursin cheese
4 oz softened cream cheese
2/3 c shredded mozzerella - dash hot sauce - salt & pepper (all of the above
ingredients that I use---of course are GF)
Cut up artichokes after draining them.

In large pot, melt butter, saute onions, lightly browning them, add spinach
and artichokes. cook until coated about 4 minutes, Add wine, then all
ingredients except mozzerella. Mix until smooth with wooden spoon. Place in
1 quart dish, top with mozzerella bake in preheated oven 350 for 5 minutes
until bubbly.

Serve with GF crackers. I got this recipe from the local newspaper and
modified it for us Celiacs, my friends love it so much that it is requested
whenever we get together. Enjoy!

Elysse R. Paige
Human Resources Analyst
Medical Management Program