From:
Chaver123 <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chaver123 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2013 09:53:14 -0400

undHi, this is a very unusual question.  We are always looking for good gf recipes.  I have a good one for gf brownies.  The question is how do I adapt them for those who do not need to eat gf.  I know I can make them gf and everyone will probably enjoy them anyway but I don't always have gf flour available.  I checked my recipe, my question is that it did not call for baking powder which I found unusual.  Should I be adding it to the recipe?  I have copied and pasted the recipe ahead.

Gluten-FreeDouble FudgeBrownies

1 cup butter, melted
3/4 cup cocoa powder
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, at room temperature
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup GF flour mix
3/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
1/2 teaspoon salt
12 ounceschocolate chips

Sprinklewith nuts if desired

Heat oven to 350º. Melt butter in large mixing bowl in microwave. Stir in cocoapowder and sugar. Stir in one egg at a time. Stir in vanilla. Add flour,xanthan gum and salt. Mix in chocolate chips. Spread in greased 9x13 pan. Bakeat 350º for 25-28 minutes.

*******
*******