From:
Rebecca Shippy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 12:17:12 -0500

Some of us were wondering about a source for almond flour.  We have been
very happy with a company called The Hughson Nut Company, 1825 Verdugo,
Hughson, CA 95326,  Phone 209-883-0403.  They are very good to work with.
They'll send out 25 pound boxes of almond flour, and have several other
products.  They also gave us sources for flours made from other nuts.

One note:  Large amounts of any flour made from nuts needs to be kept
frozen, or it will quickly go rancid.  Not fun.  We have twice ordered a 25
pound box, and transferred the flour to small plastic bags which we keep in
the freezer.  The muffins are great!

We found the nut company through the book "Breaking the Vicious Cycle" by
Elaine Gottschall.  This book talks about a no-carbohydrate diet which is
supposed to be helpful for those with IBS, ulcerative colitis,
diverticulitis, Celiac, Cyctic Fibrosis, and Crohn's and chronic diarrhea.
She explains the basis for the diet, and includes many good recipies, though
I usually lessen the amount of oil and sugar.

Hope this helps,
Becky