From:
"Richard L. Paul" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Richard L. Paul
Date:
Thu, 20 Sep 2007 14:21:18 -0400

I really didn't write this post to get feedback.  It was meant to be informative.  Here are responses I received that other might find helpful.

Oh, and I want to apologize to AM Gill.  I got confused.  I wrote two emails -- one to the DC group and one to the national group.  You're right; I didn't mention those things in my post to the National Group.  It was rude of me to suggest I did and that you didn't see them.

Here's what people wrote:
We shop at the Rockville store.  The reason the GF food s are not selling is that they are not on display.  They are in the back.
Here in Austin TX Whole Foods had introduced a new line of 365 GF Baking Products.  They are produced in a dedicated GF facility and range in price from 2.99 - 3.99 per mix.  Most of the products that people I know have tried are very good.  The range of products is extensive and the prices are great compared to other mixes.  This is awesome.
WF  now has put out it's own line of GF baking products.  One of our support group members recently posted a list of new products they just put out.  I looked at them at the store, but was not interested in paying $3.99 for a pound of tapioca, white rice flour, and guar gum.  I didn't look any further.
I particularly like the "I haven't received any complaints" response to some one who is clearly complaining.
That doesn't really surprise me.  The Annapolis store has been less than cooperative with our group!  Luckily, we have a David's!
I work for Whole Foods but not on the store side.  I am involved with the celiac community.  I'm going to see what I can find out.  Each store reports up to a region and they decide what they are buying for the stores.  Corporate does not dictate what the stores buy.  I'll let you know what I find.
Here's the list of WF GF mixes

Here are the products and the price points.  Some prices may vary among stores but should be the same for each Tx store.

365 Gluten Free All Purpose Flour          3.99
365 Gluten Free Chocolate Cake Mix      3.99
365 Gluten Free White Cake Mix            2.99
365 Gluten Free Sandwich Bread Mix      3.99
365 Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix   3.99
365 Gluten Free Brownie Mix                  3.99
365 Gluten Free Corn Bread Mix             2.99
365 Gluten Free PIzza Crust Mix            3.99
365 Gluten Free Muffin Mix                    3.49
365 Gluten Free Pancake Mix                3.49