From:
Amber McGuffin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amber McGuffin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Oct 2008 17:22:03 -0700

There have been a lot of both good and bad stories here on this listserv, and I love to keep the focus on the positive, so I wanted to relay my experience tonight. I have a two and a half year old with Celiac, we went to Outback Steakhouse on Hull Street, Richmond VA. We ordered from the Gluten Free Menu for both her and my younger daughter(who is one) The shrimp appetizer came out and it was on the toast, we reminded the server, and she felt so bad, she brought it back. Our appetizer came out properly this time, and the dinners came out perfect.. my daughters loved the food! Afterwards the Manager came out, Dwayne, to talk to us. He relayed that he had gone to a seminar in Northern Virgina, where there were a number of speakers with Celiac disease. He told us that he took the cause personally, esp. when the speakers stated they really believed that eating out was no longer an option. He then told us of some of the precautions they take
 in the kitchen. THe managers do all the cooking for GF diners, they use new gloves, clean silverware, and ensure the food has been separated from the others... ALL the precautions I take at home.. I was SO impressed, and just wanted to let others know that there are places really wanting to help us!

"Never let Yesterday use up Today"
"Yesterday is the past, Tomorrow is the future,
but Today is a gift that is why it is called the present"