From:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Jan 2009 18:31:57 -0500
<<Disclaimer: Verify this information before applying it to your
situation.>>

Lab Acknowledges Problem With Vitamin D Test

I looked at my test results, which were wonderful, despite the fact that lupus  prevents me from getting any sun at all and guess what -- that's
where my dr. sent my test.

  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/08/business/08labtest.html?_r=1&hp
By ANDREW POLLACK
Published: January 7, 2009

LOS ANGELES  The nations largest medical laboratory company provided
possibly erroneous results to thousands of people who had their vitamin D
levels tested in the last two years, the company has acknowledged.

The company, Quest Diagnostics, has already sent letters to thousands of
doctors listing the patients who might have received questionable test
results and offering free re-tests. Typically the test costs $100 to $200or more.

An erroneously high result might mean patients would not take vitamin D

supplements when perhaps they should, doctors said. And an erroneously low
test result might lead in rare instances to a toxic overdose of vitamin D.
When the Quest tests have been inaccurate, the reading has typically been
too
high, although not in all cases.

*Please provide references to back up claims of a product being GF or not
GF*