Date:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 17:12:20 EDT

Just received this today from the Splenda folks:

There is no gluten in SPLENDA (R) Brand Sweetener.  Sucralose, the sweetening
ingredient in SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener is made from sugar.  There are
no wheat-derived ingredients or proteins in SPLENDA (R) Brand Sweetener.

The maltodextrin in SPLENDA (R) No Calorie Sweetener is derived from corn.
Maltodextrin that is derived from corn is well tolerated by Celiac patients.
Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley, rye and sometimes oats.  Typically,
the problem for patients with gluten intolerance is their inability to
tolerate gluten protein.

We value hearing from our consumers. Please feel free to call us with any
additional comments or questions on our toll-free number 1-800-7-SPLENDA
(1-800-777-5363), Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Eastern Time.  You
may also access our website at www.splenda.com for recipes, cooking and baking
tips, and answers to frequently asked questions.

Tracey Ely
SPLENDA Consumer Relationship Center

From Roxie Johnson
La Jolla, CA