From:
SUBSCRIBE CELIAC Anonymous <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 1 Apr 2002 11:53:13 EST

Hi

 It's me again I am working on my Teaching Plan now, and I want to do it
on a person who is a New Celiac.  Does anyone know where I can get
materials to present at my presentation? I need  some videos, research
papers, books ,websites etc.   Now, I have some stuff being that I am
Celiac, but anyone who has anything worth while I'd like to present it
in my plan just tell me where to obtain it. Thank You.  Below I placed
an example of a presentation,=

so you see how I would do one with my materials. If you can help I appreciate
it, if not that is quite OK. Da

Example of a presentation

Topic: Hepatitis/Obstructed Airway

Date: March 26, 2002

Behavior Objectives:

At the end of the teaching session the participant will be able to:

1. Be aware of the seriousness of the disease process
2. Determine risk factors for Hepatitis B and C by completing the personal
risk assessment handout.
3. Identify treatment options.
4. Decide where to store CPR masks and CPR guidelines.
5. Identify where to receive additional instructions for CPR certification.

Teaching Plan:

1. Powerpoint presentation- a oeThe Key to Understanding Hepatitis B and Ca
2. Discussion
3. Multiple handouts: a oeYour Own Risk Assessmenta  , Viral Hepatitis, The
Difference Between Hepatitis B and C, Cirrhosis, Hepatitis A, Testing for
Hepatitis, Treatment for Hepatitis.
4. Video a oe Obstructed Airwaya  -section
5. Demonstration of how to clear an obstructed airway of an unconscious adult.
6. Demonstration of how to use a CPR mask

1. a oeHeartsaver CPRa  , 2001, American Heart Association (22 min).

2. Koop, C. Everett before the Subcommittee on Human Resource, Committee on
Government Reform and Oversight, US House of Representatives. Hepatitis C-
The Silent Epidemic. March 5, 1988.

3. Some Facts About Hepatitis and Other Liver Diseases, April 15, 1997
(American Liver Foundation Web site) Available at : <A
HREF="http://gi.uscf.edu/alf/info/statement.html.">
Http://gi.uscf.edu/alf/info/statement.html.</A>

Presentation length: 1 hour Appropriate group: 30 Middle School Teachers
I took Tootsie pops and as a participant asked a question or added to
the discussion then they received a treat. This made them laugh and join
in the discussion. I brought and left two CPR masks and demonstrated how
to assemble and use. The school did not have any of these masks
available. Four teachers out of the 30 were CPR certified. I provided
information about where local CPR classes are available. I have a real
problem with this (WV)statea (TM)s view on CPR---The day cares have to
be certified but the school teachers do not.  I have talked with the
Board of Education and have written to my congressman with no
satisfaction. What is the situation in your different states concerning
CPR certifications or lack of certifications in your schools?