From:
Phyllis Chinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2000 18:35:21 EST

Following are some comments I received regarding Cause You're Special -
sounds like a company to try!

Love their bread and pancake mixes!

I love this company!  I've ordered several times from
them and they are wonderful. One shipment I received had 2 broken bags
(bread mixes) so I emailed them. They wrote back immediately, then
sent a replacement shipment and added several other mixes as an
apology for the problem!

Needless to say, I was very impressed. I think anyone who gives that
kind of customer service deserves a lot of support. I want to keep
them in business.

And on top of that -- their food is terrific.

Go for it!

Every mix I have ordered and used from this company is DELICIOUS.
The yellow cake mix and scones are great.  I have several bread mixes that I
have not yet tried, but have read raves about them on this list.  The lady
that owns this company has a 4 year old son who is celiac.  I talked to her
when I  placed my order and she is a gem.  I am sure you will be very happy
with her products.  I think they are the best I have had yet.  The cake was
moist and lasted for several days.  It was so good we ate it without
frosting.

Just wanted to let you know that I ordered the following from Cause You're
Special: Yellow cake mix, chocolate cake mix, Brownie mix and chocolate chip
cookies mix. All were good and tasty, also very easy to make. I use them for
my son who is our celiac! They are definately worth a try!

The yellow cake mix from this company was wonderful!  I made a pineapple
upside down cake with it and had batter left over for several cupcakes.  It
is more dense that a regular wheat-filled cake, a little more like pound
cake, with a great taste.  The chocolate cake I was a little disappointed
but I think adding chocolate chips to the batter would have made a big
difference.  The bread is great, too.  There have been several good reports
from others on the list about this company.

I just tried their pizza crust mix and it was pretty good...
I have some of their white bread mix and pound cake mix waiting for
experimentation...I'm hoping it's as good as the pizza crust.

I have not tried mixes from this company.  I like several of the mixes from
Miss Roben's; and use them for travelling.  (sometimes have them shipped
directly to wherever we are headed).  I like the dinner bread mix (which I
sometimes bake as rolls and use for sandwhiches) and the white sandwhich
bread mix.  Also the pizza crust mix is excellent; better than anything else
I've ever tried.  Good luck, Lynn

I have just recently ordered from this company and so far, they are great!

I have ordered from  "CauseYou're Special".  I think they are really very
good.  The bread is so easy to make (rise for 40 mins. and bake for 40
min. ) that I don't even use my bread machine. The scones are wonderful and
fluffy. I used the sugar cookies for Christmas cut out cookies that actually
worked. The chocolate chip cookies are also wonderful, but get several
packages as one package only fills one cookie sheet. I have not yet made
their cake,but I feel  confident that it will also be good, due to my
previous good luck . I will say that I did have trouble transferring the pie
crust to my pie plate. I just ended up smashing it into the pie plate. I
even chilled it. The end result,however was a very tasty crust. I have to
say I still haven't had luck with any GF pie crust that I've tried. So yes
order from them as I have only praise for their products.

I just had some of the pancale mix and it was wonderful!  I haven't had good
pancakes since going GF until now.

The yellow cake mix is awesome!  I made it and took some to
my parents & they didn't think it was gf!

Love their bread and pancake mixes!

I have ordered the biscuits and have been really happy with them.  I
can't seem to make them from scratch the same.  The dough is sticky and
you end up making drop biscuits, though.  I made a chocolate cake from
scratch for my best friend a year ago and it turned out great.  I
believe the cake mixes would be the same.  I also have a package of the
bread mix, but I've been too chicken (feel I'll be disappointed) to try
the bread.

I have ordered several products from this company and although I have not
tried all of them yet, I can vouch for the choc. cake mix - my husband and
kids think it is the BEST Gf cake I have ever made...tried the pancake mix
and although the recipe calls for buttermilk I used reg. milk with terrible
results...am sure they are better w/ b.milk, and I really like the woman
who started the company - she is easy to contact and you can call her w/
any questions or to get info that you might need...she started the company
after her son was diagnosed and could not find anything that he would
eat...her husband is an M.D. and she seems to really be on the ball with
the whole process... I don't have any financial interest in the co., but
want to give credit to a hardworking mom who is trying to make this whole
process easier for all of us. Hope this helps...good luck. allison/Texas