From:
jamie knight <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 09:01:58 -0700

Many thanks to all who took time to respond to my question.  I have
received very valuable information.  Here is the info for your benefit
as well:

Tree of Life has alot of different products.  I have only purchased the
rice pasta macaroni and it is good.  I get it from a local health food
store.  Why don't you give Miss Roben's a call 1-800-891-0083 and ask
for a small book that lists everything you can imagine.  They carry all
kinds of things and their bread mix is just out of this world.

One of the better gluten-free mail orders is Authentic Foods.  Their web

address is www.authenticfoods.com  I recommend them over all others.

Dear Ms. Knight:  Gifts of Nature, Inc. is a new gluten free company
specializing in baking mixes made with brown rice and bean flours.  See
their online catalog at www.glutenfreefoods.com.    To request a
catalog, place an order, or ask for more details:  Gifts of Nature,
Inc., P.O. Box 309, Corvallis, MT  59828  Phone:  406-375-9429, Fax
406-375-0013, e-mail [log in to unmask]

You can find all of the GF vendors listed in alphabetical order on my page:
Gluten-Free Food Vendors:  http://www.GFmall.com/ (this is a Don Wiss
page.  I found it the most useful.)

I just got a catalog from Nancy's Natural Foods.  They have lots of
stuff 65 pages.  From baking mixes, baked goods, cold cereals, soups,
and lots of other. It's all gluten-free and wheat-free. 1- 877-862-4457
or [log in to unmask]

For gf pastas and vinegars don't forget the Asian grocery stores.  Their
rice noodles are the closest in texture to the non-gf pastas.

They have some of the best GF breads available.  I like that their
products are labeled so we can tell what is in it.  I like the GF raisin
bread.  I toast the whole loaf in the oven til it crunchy then cool it
and put it back in the wrapper.  Great for traveling.

You may go to the following web site for a complete list of gluten-free
products by mail order.
http://www.celiac com.  Then go to Gluten-Free Products. There are loads
of them.

In regards to your posting on the list, I would recommend the gluten
free mall .  I believe that the address is www.glutenfreemall.com and
there are several mail order companies on it.  In regards to Tree of
Life products, I do not know the GF status of their foods/products but I
know that The Tree of Life distributors are the largest distributors of
health food products to health food stores in the US.   I hope that this
helps.

And don't forget Kinnikinnick!