From:
David and Rebecca Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jun 1997 18:33:42 +1000

Hi,
this is my first message to the list and unfortunately it is for the
purpose of a research project I am doing for my course.  I am doing a
science degree and part of the course requirement is to research an area
that relates to food, metabolism and disease. So being a coeliac gave me
a great reason for discovering more about CD.

The areas I am interested in are:
* genetics - I have seen some interesting information from various web
sites
* the reasons why some people put on weight and others lose weight after
diagnosis and the following of a strict diet.
* diabetes - I have been looking for links between diabetes and CD and
only know that the incidence of diabetes increases when a coeliac.
* links to other diseases, I have seen the info posted on autism etc.
* any research that has been carried out on why some people do not
suffer from apparent affects when young and then wham they start to
suffer, genetic/environment causes? This seems to be my case.

If any one could help me out with further info in this area it would be
very helpful. Please post all info to my email and I will post any
interesting details to the list. Thanks.

Regards
Rebecca Wells, Australia