From:
Mary Schnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 18:39:40 -0700

Snackwell's Potato Crisps (original with sea salt) were listed in my
celiac 'guide book' as okay (CANADA).  Still being in the honeymoon
phase of this disorder (hate calling it a disease), I dutifully read the
ingredients.  "Processed Oat Product" was listed.  I didn't buy them
since "oat" scared me away.

Does anyone know what "processed oat product" is?  Would I be correct in
assuming that we don't want to eat "processed oat product"?

Also, while shopping tonight ... a nice surprise!!!  You know how all
those taste-tester people are there with totally yummy things that we
mostly can't have .... well, here's a delicious thing we CAN eat
(checked out the ingredients right there with the lady since she was the
one that was building them):

KRAFT SUPER EASY PEANUT BUTTER SQUARES

Mix together:
1 cup (250 ml) Kraft Smooth Peanut Butter  (she used 1/2 smooth, 1/2 crunchy)
1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
1 egg

Spread into an 8 inch (20 cm) square baking pan.

Sprinkle with 2 squares BAKER's Semi-Sweet Chocolate (she used
Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips)

Bake at 325 F (160 C) for 20 minutes.  Cool and cut into squares.

You'd think they wouldn't be like a square, but they were!  It's hard to
not like that peanut butter/chocolate combo.
I don't think they are low fat or low calorie ... but they were tasty!