From:
Tonya Garrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Aug 2001 22:32:02 -0500

Our town just opened a new Save-a-lot store and so I thought I ask about a
gf list, and they were very helpful.  This is the response I got...

DATE:  August 1, 2001

TO:  Tonya Garrison

FROM:  Paula Key

RE:  Gluten Free Products

Tonya,

I received your e-mail on July 16, 2001 and have been working towards
answering your questions.  It is very important that our customers be able
to get special ingredient information when needed.  Unfortunately this
information is not compiled and readily available.  I have contacted our
cereal manufacturers and have been able to acquire most of the information
you requested.

The Yukon Gold sweetened corn cereal and the Fruity Diamond rice cereal are
gluten-free.  Croc O Berry Crunch contains no malt syrup flavoring, but
does contain corn flour and oat flour.  Hoot n Honey cereal contains corn
flour and whole grain oat flour, but does not have any malt syrup
flavorings.  None of the manufacturers' product lines are dusted during
cereal production.

I have started a list of Save-A-Lot gluten-free products.  The list is
complied from customer inquiries and is not all of gluten-free products at
Save-A-Lot.  I hope this list will help.

   Maple Ridge Buttery Syrup
   Hargis House Vienna Sausages
    Gold Leaf Cherry Pie Filling
   Lunar Mini Marshmallows
   Panner Peanut Butter

If you have any further questions or comments, please let me know.

Thank you for your inquiries.

Paula Key
Home Economist/Quality Assurance

e-mail address:   [log in to unmask]
phone number:   1-314-592-9414
mailing address:   100 Corporate Office Drive
        Earth City, MO  63045

Hope this will help some of you!!

Tonya