Date:
Sat, 4 Sep 2004 12:46:29 -0700

My apologies to any & all who tried the apple sauce cake recipe I
recently published in my apple recipe summary.  Last weekend, I made this
recipe from a print out of my summary & it was a TOTAL DISASTER!  I
coudn't believe it.  This recipe had NEVER failed for me before.  When I
checked the ingredients against my original recipe, I realized that among
other mistakes, I had omitted a very important ingredient, baking soda.
SO, here's the correct version of my applesauce cake recipe checked &
double checked for errors!  (This recipe times 1 1/2 can be baked in a 9
x 13" cake pan.)

APPLE SAUCE CAKE

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Grease 8" or 9" square glass baking pan.

Cream:
1 stick butter (1/2 cup)
1 1/2 cup sugar

Add & beat well:
2 eggs

Add:
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon xanthan gum
1 1/2 cup GF flour blend
1/2 cup corn starch
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2  teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves

Beat until smooth.  Pour into pan.  Bake 40 to 45 minutes.

Beat until smooth.  Pour into pan.  Bake 40 to 50 minutes until toothpick
inserted in center comes out clean.

Valerie in Tacoma

Get your name as your email address.