From:
Anne Washburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 09:12:23 -0500

First, I would like to thank all of you who answered my Junior Tylenol
question! I think the "answer" is a little fuzzy. A call to McNeil by
another list member didn't clarify it very much. They said their products
are GF but they get their supplies from various vendors and could not say
definitively that there is no contamination. Other list members thought
that some of the ingredients might pose a problem generally. So, I am just
going to hope my son doesn't get another flu any time soon!

I have another question, however. My (undiagnosed so far) son says he has
been hearing things. Either a "tidal wave" or muffled voices. He is afraid
of tidal waves (we don't live in an area where this is possible, but he
likes to watch scarey movies ;-((). The voices are not scarey to him, they
are unclear, muffled, and he doesn't think people are saying bad things
about him. The voices and tidal wave sounds move around the room
sometimes. He said he heard these things when he was much younger (but
yesterday was the first we heard about this) and that it stopped, only to
reappear about 2 weeks ago. He doesn't hear them all the time, usually
when he is in his bed (and, as I said, he is pretty impressionable from
movies and reading). From what I have read, I don't think this is
schizophrenia in his case. I am wondering if anyone has had experience
with auditory hallucinations and celiac sensitivity/intolerance???

Anne Washburn
Co-owner, APH - Association of Personal Historians List