From:
Mildred Oberkotter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 21:40:08 -0400

Hi, I sent a posting earlier today about my eye problem.  I happened to
mention Starbucks coffee.  Let me clarify the situation.  Last week,
when it first flared up, I was drinking an Italian coffee, Torrefazione,
made at home and drunk from my own pottery mug.  I stopped drinking any
and all coffee for a few days.  The eye was almost all cleared up.
Yesterday, I had Starbucks coffee in a paper cup.  An entirely different
brand and environment and container.  The redness flared up again.

Sorry I wasn't too specific in my first posting....

I've gotten about 7 responses already so far...  One thought it may be
caused by the caffeine dilating the blood capiliaries causing the eye to
get dry and teary.  (It rings a bell in my head).  Several mentioned having
had the experience after drinking coffee and/or Starbucks and never made
the connection.  One suggested the glue joining together the paper cup. One
of these also suggested that Starbucks coffee is "cheap coffee" and
flavorings were added to it and roasted - may not be gf.

I've been to an optometrist who first treated it as an eye infection.  When
the eye didn't respond as expected, he is considering a virus which takes
time to heal.  I'm the kind of person who looks for the source, and it's
usually what I'm ingesting.

So we shall see..   of course, I'll summarize the feedback... it's so
wonderful having you guys around!!

Mildie Oberkotter