Date:
Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:38:48 EST

I received a lot of mail concerning my post that Z-PAK in NOT gluten free.
Again, I did call the company after having a reaction and they confirmed that
it  contained gluten.
A few people were angry at me for the post because they felt it was the  only
antibiotic they could take. Hey, don't shoot the messenger.

Many people had taken it and gotten a reaction but since some of the lists
stated that it was gf they thought they were safe
. One person said that the Clan Thompson site listed it as gf and they did
not know why they had gotten sick and now they did.

I have personally found that drug companies change the gluten free status  on
medications frequently and it is probably best to call each time you renew
your medications. It is a pain but I have gotten stuck more then once with
companies that stated all their drugs are gluten free and then they change their
minds.
Marcy