Date:
Sun, 10 May 2009 16:12:12 -0400

I realize that his approach leans toward "hard sell".  Thank you for
your perspectives.   Lisa

1)  I think the Dr. may have his information incorrect.  You can have
all those other diseases, but Celiac does not cause them.  They are
all auto immune diseases.  And when your immune system is down and
not functioning properly, you can acquire other auto immune
diseases.  It is showing with studies, following a GF diet will ease
some of the systems of the other auto immune diseases, but it won't
cure them.
You might want to check out the articles at www.celiac.com

2)  Did he really say you can get  all of these diseases from eating
gluten?   My understanding for most of these conditions  is that a
gluten free diet may help with the symptoms of these diseases.  That
is a very different thing from saying gluten causes them, which it
does for some celiacs in the case of  auto-immune disease, anemia and
osteoporosis.