From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:14:51 -0500

This is a gummi candy that is made in Spain and is sold under the Haribo
name. It is also sold by Paskezs (I listed other gf candies from this
company in a previous post). If you haven't seen them they come in all
types of shapes and flavors (bears, fruits, cherries, alphabet, coke
bottles, rattlesnakes, etc).

Their US headquarters is here in Baltimore so I called them and found
out that except for their licorice, Fruity Pasta and Sour Spaghetti all
the rest of their candies are gluten free.

I have found that their gummi candies that are available in the small
packages are not as chewy and as hard as those I have bought in Israel.
I think the difference is the ones in Israel are more dried out since
they are sold in bulk and so are exposed to the air longer than the ones
in the sealed packages. The difference is obvious enough that I was
asked by a friend's daughter to bring back some from Israel since they
were "different". (and she hasn't had any from Israel in at least 1 1/2
years and still remembered the difference).

Haribo of America
1825 Woodlawn Dr
Baltimore, MD 21207
410-265-8890 (x0 is customer service)