From:
Jeanne Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeanne Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 06:55:10 -0700

Summary of Vinegar:  The first entry below, I think is the answer.  I am allergic to penicillin, and when it rain a lot and the ground stays wet for days, I feel real yucky just breathing the air, probably from the mold. So, here is I am sure the answer:
It might be yeast related.  Some people have a dysbiosis (an imbalance in intestinal flora with increased molds/yeasts), especially if their CD was
not identified for a long time.  The gut is just in total disarray.
Fermented products, like vinegar, tend to exacerbate this condition.  Also,
some people think of it as an allergy.

Here is what other's said:

I received some very interesting answers:  Some said that their non CD relatives are sensitive to Vinegar, and get reactions ranging from migraines to stomach cramps.

There is malt in most of the vinegars and therefore Gluten.  Some vinegars like Apple Cider, Wine or anything that is white in colour is probably GF. Check with the manufacturers.

I only use Apple Cider Vinegar and do not have any trouble with this. Hope you find a good substitute.

Jeanne Lee, I do not know if I am "normal" but I love vinegar and crave it sometimes.  no ill effects.

Jeanne Viers Lee
Mesa, AZ

---