From:
robyn fairlie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Jul 1999 23:24:13 +1000

Dear Listmates,
I've been an avid reader of all your posts and have replied
privately to a number of queries, but until now have been
reticent (okay, too shy) to send to you all.  I was surprised
to hear that Valerie hadn't been able to get a direct answer
to her query on Essene and Ezekiel bread so instantly replied.
She's asked me to post my response to the list, as apparently
there's an awakened interest in the subject.  Thanks to you all
for all the advice and insights this year, so here's my contribution.

About a month ago I rang the toll-free no. on the Essene bread
packet (I'm from Sydney, Australia) and spoke to a man who
distributes this bread.  He said he couldn't recommend the bread
to celiacs as the percentage of gluten, although extremely low,
is still too much for celiacs.  I can't remember the exact figure
he gave, but the main thing is that it isn't recommended for us.
However, on a bright note, he added that work is being done on a
new Essene bread recipe which, he hopes, will be entirely GF.
If successful it may be available within the next twelve months.
I don't know if this will be a local recipe or available throughout the
world.

I would presume that Essene bread packets in other countries have
a contact address or phone no. for any further enquiries.  If not, I can
check the details on the packet again and provide the toll free no.
to anyone who would like to contact this person directly.

Hope this has helped,
Best regards to all,
Robyn