From:
Kim Carpenter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Nov 1999 23:47:16 -0600

Hi-
I've been trying to compile information on "leaky gut syndrome". I am
gluten sensitive and have discovered I also have sensitivities to many
other substances. In researching possible causes I have found allergy
books and diagnosed celiacs mention leaky gut as a mechanism for
developing problems with food and a myriad of other
malabsorption-related problems. However, I've had trouble trying to find
research and information that explains this process. My allergist did
not know about leaky gut syndrome and I'd like to educate him (and
myself). Please send me any information you may have that may help me
understand. I will summarize in a few days.

Thanks!

Kim in Tennessee