From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 10:04:47 -0700

I did go to Stir Crazy earlier in the day without
the group.  The manager I spoke to was extremely
willing to accomodate our needs (there are 2 of
us).  In fact, he requested that I forward a copy
of PF Chang's gf menu to Stir Crazy's corporate
office.  The restaurant I went to has only been
open for a couple of months and this manager
alone had several customers request a gf meal.  I
also spoke with the head chef and reviewed what I
could and couldn't have.  I knew when I returned
for the party that neither of these gentlemen
would be there because their shifts were over
earlier.  However, they did discuss it with the
manager that came on later, because he was ready
for us.  They were extremely accomodating,
concerned, and kind!  All of their meats are
pre-marinated in soy sauce - they used unprepared
meats for us.  They made us beef fried rice with
our soy sauce that I brought from home.  And, we
also had a dish with the red curry sauce, as
suggested from the archives.  They had checked to
make sure the rice was not enriched and also
warned me that one of the noodles is made with
rice and wheat (but they do have a safe rice
noodle too!).  We had a great time and great
meals!  I did not receive any replies from the
listserv regarding this chain restaurant.

Take care! Samantha

> <<Disclaimer: Verify this information before
> applying it to your situation.>>
>
> A birthday party planned for tonight has been
> suddenly changed from PF Changs to Stir Crazy.
> If anyone has any information they could share
> about eating at Stir Crazy, I would greatly
> appreciate it.  I have read the previous posts
> from the archives.  I hope to get over there
> today before the group to discuss my gf
> concerns with a manager or chef.  I will post >
a summary of responses as well as my own