From:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Anderson's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2003 09:38:27 -0600

Hi List-

I just took my celiac son to another Dr. She put him on a lot of
vitamin/mineral type supplements. There is one that I ordered, that now I'm
not so sure of.

It's called Juice Plus+®. It's like a vitamin. The Dr. wanted my son to have
the Juice Gummies, and I asked if they were gluten-free, and the rep said
yes. However, when I went to the website it lists 2 grains that are in them.
So, I emailed them, and got this response:

" Individuals with Celiac can take Juice Plus because the product is Gluten
free.
All Juice Plus+® products are gluten free.  The oats and barley ingredients
in Juice
Plus+® consist of the outer part  of the grain that does not contain gluten.
Gluten is found in the inner part of the grains, which is not used in the
Juice
Plus+® products.  If necessary, NSA can send you a letter stating that Juice
Plus+® products are gluten free."

What do you think about this? The very thought of oats and barley sends me
red flags. The company seems sure that they are GF however.

Thanks for your input as always!
Richelle in UT