From:
Judith DeJaco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 1996 21:37:14 -0800

The Orange County CSA group Chairman (Cecil Weed)  spent some time last
summer investigating GF dining at Disneyworld.  She wrote up a sheet (front
and back).   I shall summarize  this informtion so it will be in the log for
those hungry GF Disneyland visitors.

Disneyland Restaurant Operations is 1-714-999-4038

QUOTE from Disneyland representative:

"Most of our larger buffeterias, sit-down restaurants, and larger fast food
locations can prepare special menus if needed.  For your members, we suggest
that you inform them that they contact Disneyland prior to their trip and we
will arrange a restaurant for them to visit, inform the respective chef, and
be prepared for them to visit on a prearranged date.  Or, any guest can ask
to speak to a chef and request special preparation of an exisiting menu
selection. "

OTHER COMMENTS FROM CECIL WEED, ORANGE COUNTY CHAIRMAN
Disneyland generally does not allow food or drinks to be brought in,
however, due to our special diet, that rule is relaxed.  It is suggested
that you explain this to the employee at the gate.

Each Disneyland Kitchen furnishes food to several restaurants, so with prior
knowledge of your visit, they can readily accommodate your special diet.

Choose the restaurant where your party wishes to dine.  One person arrive an
hour ahead of the lunch rush to talk to the supervisor or chef and order
your specially prepared meal.  It will be waiting for you with your name on
it  when you return with your party.

If you wnat a GF sandwich and have your rice cakes or bread, the waitress
can bring you the inside making of your desired sandwich on a plate and you
may assemble your sandwich with the gluten free filling.  Health laws do not
allow outside food into their kitchens.

SPECIFICS ON RESTAURANTS - GF items

Tomorrowland Terrace:  plain hamburger patty (pure meat) no bun
Garden Salad, fruit plate
NOTE:  no yogurt, no  lean bean patties (they have HVP)

Outdoor vending - popcorn is made with a combination of vegetable oil and
coconut oil, juice bars are GF

Bengal Barbecue - vegetable skewer (no sauce), chicken skeewer (no sauce)
and asparagus skewer

Plaza Inn - eggs (ask for fresh eggs), Plaza Inn Chicken (cooked on
rotisserie), Plaza Inn Fish (no coating)

Blue Ribbon Bakery - frozen yogurt (no flavors were listed)

Fast Food Restaurants - french fries can be prepared in oil only used for
that purpose if you let them know ahead of time.

If you would like the actual sheet on Disneyland that the above was taken
from, you may e-mail me your name and address and I'll send it to you via
the post office.

Judee DeJaco
San Diego, CA