Date:
Tue, 25 Apr 1995 16:25:34 -0400

At 10:24 AM 4/25/95 -0700, Ellen Eagan wrote:

>After reading "More From the Gluten-Free Gourmet", I'm considering buying
>a bread making machine. While Bette Hagman gives some good practical
>advise as to what is needed in a bread maker, she doesn't mention
>specific brands or models. I'd be interested in hearing from people using
>bread makers as to what brands and model they use and any other comments
>they have about it. My husband would like to use the machine to make
>wheat bread, so I would need something that can be easily and thoroughly
>cleaned. Can the washable parts be put in a dishwasher?

I am on my second bread maker and would recommend the Welbuilt "dome"
style. It makes a large loaf and most of the recipies available were tested
with it. The model 100 was my my first machine which I used very
successfully for several years and then got the model 150R. This model is
programable and the second kneading cycle which is not needed can be
programmed out,it can also do "manual" mixing of cookie or bagel dough. It
has a bigger paddle and seems to do better. The bigger paddle however leaves
a bigger hole in the bottom. This can be avoided by removing paddle after
kneading cycle. Sear's was selling the identical unit with a sears name on
it for a reasonable. Get the larger size, most commercial bread mixes are
made for the large loaf.
Bernie Mansbach                                 ~_0   _0
Scotia, NY                                     _ \<---\ < _
voice (518)393-3475
data/fax (518) 393-1307