From:
Deb Ruscitti <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 12 Dec 2005 08:33:01 EST

SUB CELIA DEB RUSCITTI
Hi everyone,
 Well, I have received numerous letters from  future college parents to
college parents now. Also, I was lucky enough to  receive letters from a few
college students eager to even speak with Brit. To  summarize: Most of the letters
were words of encouragement..a few stating that I  should keep Brit home for
the first year and let her go on campus when she could  go to her own apt. where
cooking for herself would be easier than asking food  service. I was also
given a great idea by a support group member who said to put  an ad in the school
newspaper of Brit's college choice and see if any students  answered and
would be interested in a local college support group. I was also  instructed to
call either Dean of Students, the school nurse or Food Services  for they might
already have special diets set up. I still would like to get a  list together
that I would be glad to keep and be the elected person for the  info or else
place it as a subject on the listserve. I thought if everyone who  has a
college student attending this Fall 2006 could send me the College name,  an email
address (of the student or parent)and a student name I would keep a  list until
early spring..organize it and then make it available..If it helps to  get
just 2 kids together as a buddy support then at least those two would start  out
with someone in there same situation. I don't know..just a thought..what do
you think? DEB