From:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bev Messner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Jun 2004 15:20:16 -0500

First...thanks to all of you who responded.   After two full days of
baking, and not losing my patience, I finally succeeded....at least to a
point.

The ginger cookies were made with the Montina blend and came out fine,
although tended to deflate after coming out of the oven.

I tried again on the chocolate chip cookies today.  Yesterday I used their
supplement along with the tapioca and white rice flour that the recipe
called for.... and those were trashed.   Today I only used the Montina
Blend, and refrigerated the batter as some of you suggested.   I am not
sure if  refrigerating helped, as they still spread quite a bit, but the
cookies, themselves, were not porous like yesterday, but still flat as a
pancake.

Yesterday I also tried the bread, using the recipe on the website,  and it
didn't rise.  So today, I tried again.  My husband thinks I am a glutton
for punishment.   Maybe I am.   BUT today I used the recipe on the
package.   Everything went perfectly.   Except it did tend to overbake a
little with the crust suffering a few burns.   I even covered it with foil
after the first ten minutes.  I did everything I was told to do.   It is
now all sliced and ready to present to the support group.  PHEW!!!  And it
even tasted pretty decent.   It is different.

Anyway, thanks from the Queen of Kitchen Disasters.

Bev
Mansfield, OH