From:
Ginny Mingolla <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 1998 11:21:38 -0400

I am replying to the list instead of just to Lucy Shriver concerning her
unfortunate Labor Day experience because I feel others could benefit.  I
have posted this message before so I apologize that I have to repeat myself.
I personally would not leave it up to the Pharmacist to check for gluten in
my prescriptions.  Most of them do not know what gluten is.  Look at how
long it took us to learn this diet.

I ask the Pharmacist what company he uses for the prescription and call
myself.  We know what questions to ask.  I realize it was an emergency
situation but even by reading the insert you can not always tell if there is
hidden gluten.  A call to the company would probably be necessary.
Also, Stokes Pharmacy has a great reference book for medication. It is
around $18. and worth every penny.

Ginny Mingolla