From:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
dave taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:08:34 +0000

List members,

While on vacation last week I happened to spend a night in Fron Royal, VA.
A small town at the North end of the Skyline Drive in Virginai.  We had
arrived in the town early enough for me to do a little research on the
restaurants before choosing one for the evening meal.

I entered each restaurant that looked promising to ask if I could see the
menu and present my concern with gluten and food preparation.  I carried my
CSA/USA restricted diet card and presented it to each hostess or server that
greeted me.  When I got to Fretwells of Front Royal, I started on my usual
line as I handed my card to the young lady in charge.  I hadn't finished the
first sentence when she says "Oh! your Gluten Intolerant!"  That made me
speachless for a few seconds.  After I recovered. she went on to say that
they are aware of several alerigic conditions, and will make any of their
dishes to fit any needs, including GF.  I'm not sure they can adapt their
entire menu, but it sure is nice to have the recognition and willingness to
accomodate the need.

Now the bad news.  We were there on a Monday, and they close at 3 PM
Mondays, since they were open all weekend.  So I didn't actually eat there,
but I think they warrant mention to the group for anyone going that way.
The address is 205 E. Main St.  Front Royal, VA.  Phone: (540) 622-6066.
The location is just off Rt. 340, on Main St, in the 'old downtown' area.