From:
Leslie Elsner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 21 Jul 1996 22:12:22 -0400

Hi all- just a curious question. Before diagnosis I had bumps in my
fingernails and white flecks. After a few months on the gf diet they grew out
and the flecks pretty much disappeared. At last check last October all my
antibodies were negative. My biopsy showed complete healing and a few months
ago all my vitamin levels checked out OK. Now I am noticing the flecks are
reappearing and my nails are slightly bumpy again.
My skin doctor told me she feels it is psoriasis of the nails??
I was thinking about going to see a nutritionist but I saw one shortly after
diagnosis and I spent the hour teaching her about Celiac Disease and it's
relation to vitamin mal absorption.
Any ideas or shared stories would be greatly appreciated.
Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.....
Leslie - NYC