From:
Bev Lieven <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 23:32:06 EDT

My friend who requires a milk-free & gluten-free diet has been hospitalized.
They uses Nestles NuBasics Plus, which contains calcium caseinate, instead of
Ensure, which does milk products according to their website...
Since I didn't know Nestles made such I product, I contact them.  Their reply
is below.

Our safe alternative is 1 (1/4 c.) scoop of vanilla soy protein power from
the local food co-op, 3 scoops of Carnation All-Soy Follow-Up formula powder,
and 1 tsp. olive oil.  Blend w/ about 6 oz. water. Has about 300
calories...For more calories/favor add any of the following:  2 Tbs.
strawberry preserves (100 cal.), 2 Tbs. Hersey's chocolate syrup (100 cal), 2
Tbs. Tang (90 cal), or 1/2 c. canned peaches w/ water & juice to make 6-8 oz.
(~70-100 calories.)

Bev in Milwaukee

Subj:    Response from Nestle Clinical Nutrition
Date:   9/18/02 12:22:52 PM Central Daylight Time
From:   [log in to unmask] (Nestlé Clinical Nutrition)
Dear Ms. Lieven,

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Clinical Nutrition. Nestlé Clinical
Nutrition, a division of Nestlé USA, combines the experience of making
delicious, well-know foods with the knowledge of essential nutrients for all
aspects of nutritional support.

The NuBasics Plus does contain a milk protein. It is also kosher for dairy.
If you have any other questions, please call the Nestlè InfoLink(tm) at the
number below.

For more information, please visit our website at
www.NestleClinicalNutrition.com, or call Nestlé InfoLink(tm) Product and
Information Service toll-free - (800)
422-ASK2, 8:30-5pm CT, Monday through Friday.

Sincerely,

The Nestlé InfoLink(tm) Team

Ref: 8110697N