From:
Lori Kelley-Mull <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lori Kelley-Mull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Sep 2003 13:53:17 -0400

Hi all,

After three months on a gf diet, I had my antibodies re-checked.  I just got a notice today that says my blood work was abnormal but improved from my pre-diagnosis levels.  They did not provide me with my specific test results.

My question is - this is normal, correct?  I should expect my antibody levels to come down to a normal level within 3 to 6 months, right?  So, since they appear to be coming down, I shouldn't panic - I should just continue with the gf diet and be re-checked again in 2 or 3 months?

I guess I am just looking for confirmation that I have the correct information regarding the time table for antibody levels to appear normal.

I also had a very bad gluten reaction two nights ago (although I have no idea from what since I haven't eaten anything out in a week - and eating out happens only at Outback).  Will it really take me another 6 months to a year to heal again?  And will this possibly mess up my next antibody test?  Does it just depend on my body and how sensitive I am?

Thanks for your expertise!
Lori in Virginia