From:
"Julie A. May" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 1995 12:10:17 -0600

>Could anyone out there help me with a question which has probably been
>covered a million times by this group? Does modified food starch contain
>gluten? I was also wondering what masa flour is made from. I think it's
>corn, but I'm not positive. Is it GF?

Modified food starch does contain gluten, unless the source of the starch is
specified (ie modified corn starch would be safe).  Masa flour is also made
from Wheat I believe, I'm not sure on that one and would stay away from it
until you know
     Julie May - Administrative Assistant for Orbital OnLine Services
       Owner and operator of Celiac & Environmental Illness WEB pages
                 http://www.orbital.net/~jmay/index.html
                      Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada