From:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie WELLS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:05:33 -0700

I forgot to switch to my Hotmail account before posting this.  My MSN has
rich text which always screws up whatever I post w/ extra characters.
Hopefully, this will be easier to read.  If this doesn't work, you'll  just
have to unscramble it yourself!  So sorry.  ~Valerie in Tacoma

Since posting this late evening, I received the following tip:

"If you leave out the sugar in almost any recipe-at least all of those I
have tried-and reduce the liquid by a tiny bit you can use sorghum molasses
in anything.  And it does make whatever you are cooking have a much more
flavor like bran was used.>

One more thing from me, Valerie, when I make this again, I'm going to
substitute a little more flax seed meal for the flour, may be a 1/3 cup.
--------------------------
After reading that sorghum is anti inflammatory, I just HAD to try it.  I
found some light sweet GF sorghum flour (Bob's Red Mill) & made some muffins
from it.  They turned out great.  My son likes them.   They look & taste
kinda like a bran muffin.

1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup GF flour mix (any kind) minus 2 tablespoons
2 tablespoons flax seed meal
1/4 cup sugar of your choice
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum

3 egg yolks (or one whole egg)
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup yogurt, kefir or buttermilk
1/2 cup plus 2 heaping tablespoons applesauce

(This recipe could be made dairy free by using all applesauce instead of
applesauce plus yogurt.)

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.  Grease 11 muffin tins.  Mix dry ingredients.
  Stir in wet ingredients 'til just moistened.  Do not over stir; batter may
be lumpy.  Fill muffin tins about 2/3 full.  Bake 13-14 minutes.  (The
recipe which originates from Betty Crocker is supposed to make 12, but every
time I make it I run out of batter at 11.)  ;o)

Valerie in Tacoma