From:
Janet C. Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:14:24 -0700

    I found a new (to me)  snack/chip called WAHOO Crispy Corn snacks,
made by General Mills.  It made a hit with our teen celiac.  Texture is
similar to a "bugle".  They come in three flavors, Seasoned Original,
Backyard BBQ, and Nacho Fiesta. They were $1.69 / 6.5 oz bag at my local
market.

    When inquiring about the hidden ingredients like msg, spices and
natural flavors, I received this prompt response from the company.  I
did not inquire on processing and packaging so if you feel a need to do
that  the address is below.

Janet in Modesto Calif.

--------

Our primary goal is to provide accurate information, and we believe this
is best accomplished by referring to the specific ingredients listed on
each product package.  Look at the ingredient label for wheat, barley,
rye, or other sources of gluten.  If you don't see any of these listed,
then the product would be gluten-free; as are our current formulations
of yogurt products.  This is the most current information for your
needs.

Again, if grains or their derivatives are not listed, there is no
gluten.  We do not "hide" gluten in other ingredients such as natural
flavors.

-----

Tue, 09 Oct 2001