From:
Mark London <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark London <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 11:53:54 -0500

I recently discovered I had a problem with grapes.  I notice in looking at
the CELIAC archives, a couple of old messages from people who also had
similar problems, but nothing recently posted, so I thought I would post my
story in case it might help others.

I had been avoiding grapes and raisins for a long time, thinking they did
cause a problem.  However, I still used grape jam (health food store
brands), and juices that contined some grape juice (white).  I didn't think
these could causes major problems, because they weren't pure grapes.  What
led to a real problem was switching to juices that contained grape skin, for
coloring.   That led to many months of bouts of severe diarrhea, and
constantly changing my diet.  I never assumed it was the juice, because I
always greatly diluted it.  Finally, when I went on a trip, and my digestive
tract because normal, I realized the source of my problem.  So, hope this
helps someone out there.

Mark