From:
Delia Kang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 23:05:19 -0400

hello everyone!!!

and so my story continues....i am 26 years old..i was biopsy diagnosed last
december...low iron being my only symptom...after going on the gluten free
diet my iron continued to go DOWN...so they did another biopsy to see what
is going on...the doctor told me that what he saw looked really good!! no
more inflammation and the villi is no longer flat!! woohhooo!!!

BUT...i am still tired (no...exhausted would be the word) and my iron is
going down.

today the doctor called and he talked to some collegues of his and they
think more tests are needed. so i am going to be scheduled for a CAT scan
and a barium study.

has anyone gone through this?? what are they looking for??

also..the doctor said that if they find nothing but my iron still is going
down they will have to give me steroids to help out....anyone been through
that??

so once again..here i am with questions.. feeling somewhat alone again but
i'm sure someone out there will have a bit of help for me!!

delia
ottawa, ontario

by the way...i am on a VERY strict gluten free diet...so there is no chance
that my iron is going down because of a little (or a lot) gluten sneaking in
there...