From:
"Jody H." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jody H.
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 2006 02:31:28 -0800

Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune disorder. This means that your body
attacks its own cells and tissues. It's unknown why this happens, but
researchers believe that a combination of factors causes something to go
wrong with your immune system. These factors may be related to heredity,
hormones, a viral or bacterial infection, or your nervous system. In the
case of Sjogren's syndrome, white blood cells called lymphocytes target,
attack and damage your moisture-producing glands. They can also damage other
organs, including your lungs, kidneys and liver.

Sjogren's syndrome that results from a rheumatic condition is classified as
secondary Sjogren's syndrome. Primary Sjogren's syndrome occurs by itself.

Has anyone worn goggles over the eyes to hold in moisture. Chewing gum helps
with dry mouth. Any other suggestions? I am very senstime to drugs and am
looking ofro alternaive ways to help myself. I also use a humidifier