From:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carol Arendt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jan 2006 11:27:51 -0600

I'd asked if anyone had made donuts with GF flours, with any success. Here
are the responses of those who did....

The best donut hole recipe I have ever made (and I tried a lot, believe me)
is the donut holes, in my "Best of Mireille" recipe collection:
http://forums.delphiforums.com/celiac/messages?msg=14862.2

They are as good as regular donuts.

Regards,
Mireille

Yeah, I bought one of those non-stick donut pans (the ones you pour
batter into and they rise to make donut shapes) and followed
their recipe, using GF all-purpose baking mix. Worked great,
tasted about like I remember donuts. Making the frosting etc.
is a pain.

I've made beignets too ... you CAN make fried donuts and we
did pig out on them! But it's a lot of work, and so we
don't do it much. I think I used chebe bread mix as the
basis for beignets, because you can roll it. Added more
baking powder and rolled them in powdered sugar.

-- Heidi

Yes, I have made donuts and I think they are very good.  A lady in my
support group bought a dozen donut holes for $10!  They are good. Best when
fresh of course. I’ll email the recipe to you … I can’t at the moment but
will. Remind me if I forget.  Oh, or try getting it from www.celiac.com.
It’s the recipe “My favorite donuts.”

Let me know if you can’t find it. I’ll send it to you. I make donut holes,
it’ll make more and I don’t want my daughter going hog wild on them. I can
limit how much of them she eats, better.

Good luck!

Karen

    FYI  I recently tried Teff flour, that I heard about on this listserv.
I used the recipe I always use for bread, substituting teff for most of the
tapioca starch and cornstarch.  I came out like I remember whole wheat
bread.  Fantastic.  Give it a try if you see it.

Ann

That's it guys. Thanks again for all who spotted my misspelling the address
for Top Secret Recipes. I'm glad you all are more alert than I am.

Carol