Date:
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 12:23:23 -0700

Mislabelling of this email:  Should be read "Brach's non-existant GF
list".

Here's the letter from Brach's Confections dated 6/12/01:

..."Please be advised that we do not consider our products to be gluten
free because we use grain alcohol as a carrier for our flavors.  Grain
alcohol is a commodity item, amd is generally a blend of various grain
alcohol made from wheat, barley, rye etc.  While the presence of gluten
is rather remote in alcohol , there is always the possibility that a
tiny amount may exist, thus remaining in the product after the cooking
process has been completed... Please note that some of our products do
contain wheat, malt etc (ie licorice items, malted milk balls, etc).  I
would strongly encourage you to pay close attention to the ingredietn
panels."...

Marlene Tomasek

Thier toll free is 800-283-6303