Date:
Fri, 20 Sep 2002 10:21:48 EDT

The hearing ability of my left ear has been going down gradually over the
last few years.  The right ear is great.  I now have tinnitus in the left
ear.  The ear doctor said it is unusual to lose the hearing in only one ear.
He is sending me for an MRI to make sure I don't have a tumor - he doubts it
but needs to check it out.
Because I have celiac and we are prone to getting other autoimmune diseases,
he is theorizing that I might have something called "autoimmune ear disease."
 Has anybody else had these symptoms?  What did the doctors do for you - if
anything?
  Thanks,
    Barb in Springfield, OH, USA