Date:
Tue, 2 Apr 2002 09:49:23 -0800

Hi,

I had an odd response from Russell Stover regarding my
question of whether their chocolate was gluten-free.

The lady I spoke with said that all their chocolate
was gluten-free except for the obvious candies with
crunchy stuff in them. She said wheat would be listed
on the label. I then questioned barley, rye and oats,
would they be listed also. She said that the company
believes that these are cooked off in the process of
making the chocolate. Is this possible? Has anyone
ever heard of such a thing? I don't know if I can
trust the status of their candies.

Thanks,
Laurie