From:
Jennifer Logan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:17:53 -0400

I was diagnosed with CD 3 months ago.  I've been buying GF sandwich bread at Whole Foods,
which is fine when toasted.  I'm now ready to try baking my own bread.

I used to eat only whole-wheat bread, and never cared for plain white bread.  Does anyone
have any recommendations for a bread recipe that is more like whole-wheat than white
bread?  I've bought a couple of GF cook books, but they seem to assume that people want a
substitute for white bread.  Not me!

I just got back from a business trip, and I must say that eating GF was a challenge, especially
in airports.  Taking along my own bread, and nuts/dried fruit for snacks helped.

I ate at a Chevy's (in Greenbelt, MD), and they were very helpful - provided a GF menu, and
the wait staff were great.

I also ate Indian food, and was told they do not use wheat flour as a thickener.  Does anyone
know what Indian food is usually thickened with?

Thanks for any help, I'll summarize.  I am finding this list useful.

Jennifer